The Butterflies

 We have a tree in our back yard that was covered in bees and butterflies a while back. I think the tree is called a Swamp Dogwood. Something in me thought it might be interesting to photograph. I took a few photos and totally forgot about them. When I decided to pick back up the camera I found them there and BOOM. It was like finding hidden treasure. The photos looked like something out of a standard computer screensaver image. It was a day with full bright sun and typically it is very difficult to take a photo in that type of lighting. Somehow in all my practice i finally figured it out. It was a light bulb moment and i was so proud of the images i made. It has inspired me to look for more butterflies. Maybe even every butterfly in Florida... I picked up my camera right away and headed outside. However, this time the tree was not blooming. Butterflies were hard to find. And it turns out if they are not on a tree like that, they are fast little insects. Now I can hardly wait for that tree to bloom again. Its interesting how we take things for granted that end up being so valuable. 






Comments

Popular Posts